Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Women and Estrogen


Women and Estrogen


Google


Scientific Amercian Mind


February 6, 2006


"Estrogen Blues"


by Sara Todd Davidson


When estrogen levels shift during puberty, big mentral cycles, or menapause, it is the sharp variation in the estrogen levels; not the low estrogen level that might cause depression.Douma has been studying this problem in Canada and she thinks that unless the physician takes the time to stabilize the hormore level,


the patient does not get rid of the imblance and therefore stays depressed for longer than she should be.What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would imagine every woman is different. I had a total hysterectomy at 36 and I never experienced any kind of depression or need for hormones. Two years after, my doctor scared me into taking estrogen by telling me all of the terrible things that would happen to me if I didn't take it. So, two years after the surgery I did take it (for 10 years) and I got a pre-cancerous tumor in my abdomen called an large ovarian pre-cancerous cyst. I had no ovaries........so it had to be the estrogen. I threw the pills in the trash at the age of 48. No depression. I don't have as much energy since I stopped but I'll take lack of energy over cancer any day.

Angela

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm paying no attention to science until they are pushing chocolate and crankiness as a cure.