It seems I've been graciously invited to guest host an entry here by Nat. The topic tonight is Christmas Dinner. Or what will you be having for Christmas Dinner?
If you are over 40 you probably remember the Hee Haw show on TV. One segment they often did was to stop in and ask Grandpa "What's for supper?" And he'd rattle off a lip smackin', finger lickin' country menu.
So in that tradition and trying to stay true to this journal's purpose, I'm going to share with you all what we are having in Caneyhead tomorrow night for our Christmas meal. And I'm inviting you to do the same.
* There will be a big pot of dumplin's cooked down with a big fat hen.
* A pan of cornbread dressing. (I'm not good at that, but my precious sister made me up a pan that all I have to do is bake!)
* A huge bowl of fruit compote like Pete's mama used to make.
* A pot of crowder peas seasoned with bacon grease.
* Brown n' serve rolls with butter on top.
* Jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon for an appetizer.
* And a good ole' chocolate pie made all from scratch (including the crust) for desert.
Yum, Yum!!!! ;o)
Now, don't forget to share you menu with us! And thanks, Nat!
Tag by Chocolate Cherried Creations