Monday, January 30, 2006

What Can Louise L. Hay Show Us?

Louise Hay


What Can Louise L.Hay Show Us?


Louise L.Hay grew up in poverty. She and her mother were abandoned by her father and she endured periods of long abuse by friends of her mother. She had to learn to love herself and to make a stand of compassion, respect and caring for herself and for others.


She did these things and more. She studied psychology and human development. She researched the connection between mind, body, and spirit and she wrote about these connections in a very positive way.She used positive thoughts, positive self imagery and prayer in a spiritual quest towards healing .She wrote many articles and she helped form an educational institution called the Hay House which today handles her book "You Can Heal Your Life" and other positive publications, such as Wayne Dwyer's books on healing.


What   do you personally think about Hay's ideas?Do you think that your image, thoughts and beliefs can assist you in living through the days of an illness or not? I mean only can your attitude help things go better or worse? Or do you believe that nothing alters your own personal reality?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely think your attitude affects everything in your life. You are never powerless. If you can't change your situation, change your attitude.
Marti

Anonymous said...

I think your mental state does have an effect, however sometimes life situations cause problems that our beyond our realm of control and one needs to learn to process those emotions and not just cover them up with happy thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I think she is wonderful and I have a book she published here on my night stand, written by Ben Stein called 'A Gift of Peace' which is over 500 plus affirmations to help you have a better relationship with God and to cope with life.

I love it...it helps me a lot.

Be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I think that self help books and books that give advice and inspiration on the healing of ones life are wonderful. they can really change a persons life, if they have the desire and will for it to. Its the same way that finding God can change a persons life.

Shermeen xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I got to hear her talk at the Celebrate Your Life conference in AZ a number of years ago. She was great. I do have the set of these books & have been reading them myself also. I met Wayne Dyer there also & he has been very kind to me. He is on tour again. Will be in Chicago May 15th.