Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Revolving Door- A Story


Google has provided these grandparent images


The Revolving Door - A Story


Introduction   This is a story about a girl and her grandfather in the summer time.


Leela walked across the field until shewas close to ehr grandfather.


"Grandpa?'


"hi Baby."


"Grandpa? Whatcha' doing?"


" I'm taking a walk. Wanna' come along?"


"sure!"


"Grandpa do you like the summer?"


"Sure baby. Why?"
He saw Leela looking up at him wiht those big pleading brown eyes.


"um.. Grandpa, Billy and Susan are moving."


"Aww Baby... I'm sorry."


Leela's jaw tightened.


"it's okay Grandpa..But why does it happen like that?"


"That's becasue life is like a revolving door; you know? You go in with some good friends. Once inside, some freinds have to go ahead of yuo in line and leave you behind. A few can stay with you.


"But also Leela, some brand new freinds are likely to walk through the door too! And then you have new freinds too!"


Grandpa smiled at his granddaughter.


"The trick is to notice them and to spend time with them!'


He winked.


"Okay Grandpa!If you say so!" Leela said.


 


 


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to whirl round and round, too!
Marti

Anonymous said...

I don't know, to me losing a friend is one of the most heart breaking things to do for none of my friends are replaceable and it took years for me to find most of them.
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco

Anonymous said...

Some friends are irreplaceable although we make many acquaintances in life only a few can be called friends. I've had one friend since I was seven, almost fifty years, I don't think either of us would leave each other behind! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

What a lovely example ,and yes friends are precious .........Jan xx