Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Great Dolphin Defenders


Google published these pictures


The Great Dolphin Defenders


PBS


Imagine my delight when watching this PBS program and I find out that the Dolphin Defenders have not only helped save dolphin pods and Orcan whale pods who have gotten lost and who needed nutrition and someone to return them to the sea; but that they have also served to educate whole groups of fishermen about the need to preserve solphins and whales!:):)


I love dolphns and I am very impressed by their civilzed manner in trying to help humans who are lost or endangered and in trying to care for their own families!


The Dolphin Defenders are responsible for turning around a whole group of fishermen who were determined to fish for dolphins in Japan!Trough PBS you can order the video or try to see the Dolphin Defenders when they come on again. Well worth it to me.


What do you think of them?Please let us know.


Also, Jland is curious... what are your favorite animals?


 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As we get to understand animals hopefully people won't be so keen to kill them. If I don't say cats are my favourite animals I think my two cats would stop speaking to me!! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

I too love Dolphins!
But all of J-Land knows dogs are my very fav animal (or are they animals? mine think they're my kids LOL).
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good group that will be able to send positive messages about animal conservation.
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco

Anonymous said...

I have to say... I love dolphins!  But my favorite animals are probably cats... cats of all kinds... oh heck, I love all animals... and most reptiles, too!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

How can we not love them! I think they are angels in a very cute disguise. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who works with the Dolphin Project out of Atlanta. It is very interesting.
I am called the cat lady in our neighborhood, not always affectionately.
Marti