Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Urban Cactus: The New Ecological High Rise in Holland!


Google assembled these pictures


Urban Cactus: the New Ecological Highrise in Holland!


Rotterdam has rushed to the forefront of ecological experiments  with its' urban cactus!What do you make of it?


Do you think it makes us think more about respecting the environment? Do you think it might be ecologically sucha great statement? Or do you find it trite and meaningless? let us know!


http://www.inhabitat.com/2006/11/07/urban-cactus-building/


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I like it. I think it looks cool. I heard something about holland being more into caring for the enviroment then most countries.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Leave it to Holland to start something new.  I don't know what to think of it- at least it will not require a lot of watering LOL- Thanks Nat- you always find interesting things!  Love Carolyn :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's interesting to look at but it really doesn't bring up the idea of 'green' for me.  And I wonder how it would do in a strong storm off the water lol.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

it's really cool
It looks much more accessible than conventional high rises
Marti.

Anonymous said...

Looks cool...more green....mm wonder what they are growing????LOL